International Legal Services
A growing area of our practice relates to assisting overseas based companies and individuals to establish and maintain commercial operations or personal interests in Australia.
We have assisted clients from a range of countries, including the United States, China, India, the United Kingdom, Indonesia and Singapore.
For corporations, we are able to provide a wide range of specialist advice and services in the following areas:
- Establishment of companies and business in Australia
- Protection of business names and trademarks.
- Acquisition of businesses and companies
- Effective use of trusts
- Preparation of Distribution Agreements
- Licence Agreements (including exclusive use rights)
- Acquisition and disposal of real estate (including assistance with obtaining Foreign Investment Review Board approval)
- Commercial leasing
- Copyright, trade mark and design registration
- Intellectual property licensing
- Financing, such as preparation of mortgage documents, issues, acquisitions and disposal of shares
- Employment law advice, including preparation of Employment Contracts, advice on engagement and termination of staff, and compliance with the Fair Work Act 2009
- Negotiating Commercial Contracts
- Enforcing Commercial Contracts, including debt recovery action, and litigation
For individuals, we are able to provide assistance in a range of areas, including:
- Purchasing or leasing property
- Understanding employee rights and obligations
- Family law advice, including property and child custody issues
- Estate planning and preparation of wills
- Negotiating personal disputes
- Enforcing personal rights through court action
Further articles which may be of interest:
If you would like to discuss how our practice may be of assistance to you or your company, we would welcome your enquiry.
Meet The Team: